Thanks for using Nexticy! Here we describe how we collect, use and handle your information when you use our websites, software and services ("Services") provided by Poem LLC.
What kind of information we need and why.
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve and protect our Services:
- Account. We collect, and associate with your account, information like your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address. Some of our services let you access your accounts and your information with other service providers.
- Services. When you use our Services, we store, process and transmit your files (including stuff like your photos, structured data and emails) and information related to them (for example, location tags in photos). If you give us access to your contacts, we'll store those contacts on our servers for you to use. This will make it easy for you to do things like share your stuff, send emails, and invite others to use the Services.
- Usage. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services.
- Cookies and other technologies. We use technologies like cookies to provide, improve, protect and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services. If our systems receive a DNT:1 signal from your browser, we'll respond to that signal as outlined.
With whom we share your information.
We may share information as discussed below, but we won't sell it to advertisers or other third-parties.
- Other users. Our Services display information like your name and email address to other users in places like your user profile and sharing notifications. Certain features let you make additional information available to other users.
- Other applications. You can also give third parties access to your information and account - for example, via Nexticy APIs. Just remember that their use of your information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
- Statistics. We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites or statistical information about how customers use our applications
- Legal agents. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Nexticy or our users; or (d) protect Poem LLC's property rights.
Stewardship of your data is critical to us and a responsibility that we embrace. We believe that our users' data should receive the same legal protections regardless of whether it's stored on our services or on their home computer's hard drive. We'll abide by the following Government Request Principles when receiving, scrutinizing and responding to government requests for our users' data:
- Be taransparent
- Fight blanket requests
- Protect all users, and Provide trusted services.
How we keep your information
- Security. We do understand that the security of your personal information is very important. We have a team dedicated to keeping your personal information secure and testing for vulnerabilities and also we provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. We also continue to work on features to keep your information safe in addition to things like encryption of files at rest, and alerts when new devices and apps are linked to your account. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Poem LLC cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
- Retention. We'll retain information you store on our Services for as long as we need it to provide you the Services. If you delete your account, we'll also delete this information. But please remember: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Where we keep our information
Around the world. To provide you with the Services, we may store, process and transmit information in locations around the world - including those outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Have questions or concerns about Nexticy, our Services and privacy?
Email us at email@example.com
Posted: Sept. 8, 2014
Effective: Sept. 8, 2014